All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Romanesque was the first period in medieval art to include all of Europe. It began around 1000 and did t end with the Staufen late Romanesque in Germany and Italy until about the middle of the thirteenth century. The borrowing of particular elements from Roman architecture, including the round arch, which is considered the hallmark of the Romanesque, led to the coining of the term Romanesque.'? The majority of the works of architecture, sculpture and painting discussed in this volume can be properly understood only in the context of a Christian view of the world, and Christian way of life. In addition, monastic culture, as discussed in the introduction, played its own important role. Glossary, Bibliography, Index of Artists' Names, Index of Place Names.
- Author BiographyRolf Toman has worked as an independent art publisher for various international publishing houses for several decades. He authored and edited many acclaimed publications on art history and spirituality.
- Author(s)Rolf Toman
- PublisherUllmann Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationKonigswinter
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUllmann Publishing
- Weight1678 g
- Width226 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.