Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn the transition process from a centrally planned to a market ecomy the financial sector has a vitally important role to play. Nevertheless, transformation research has largely neglected rural finance and its link to the development of agriculture and the rural ecomy. This book intends to fill this gap. It addresses such questions as 'how and in what sequence can rural finance be restructured', 'how can it support rural enterprise efficiency and help break the cycle of enterprise inefficiency, illiquidity and over-indebtedness', 'how can the typical constraints of uncertain land-ownership for financial institutions in the transformation process be overcome', and 'what type of institutional invations are called for'. These issues are evaluated in the light of theory and empirically analysed for the country case Romania. The book consists of three parts. First, it discusses rural finance and transition from a theoretical perspective. The second part contains empirical research results relevant to the development of Romania's rural sector. Thirdly, it formulates policy recommendations to overcome market and government failures in building an efficient rural financial market in transition countries.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Franz Heidhues is professor for development theory and agricultural policy at the University of Hohenheim in Stuttgart/Germany. His principal research interests relate to food security policy, institutional development in rural areas, particularly in finance and resource tenure. The research and teaching focus of Gertrud Schrieder, assistant professor at the University of Hohenheim, is on agricultural policy and rural sector reforms, food security issues, and rural finance.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleDevelopment Economics & Policy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetab. and graf.
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byF. J. Heidhues,Gertrud Schrieder
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.