All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRomans is an engaging n-fiction reader that will help make learning to read fun and interesting. Journey back in time and find out about the ancient Romans - from their rough and tough army to their schools, homes and feasts. The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features favourite topics, well-loved authors and classic characters so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 3 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for fluent readers who are beginning to read exciting, challenging books independently. Features: varied sentences; detailed illustrations to enjoy; contains a glossary and index; more technical language; a rich range of vocabulary; and, higher word count. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band level: Gold More level 3 n-fiction reading ladder books to collect: A day in the life of Triceratops, A day in the life of T. rex and Senses.
- Author BiographyClive Gifford is an award-winning author of books for children and adults who has had over 170 books published, including the astonishing Dead or Alive, the creepy Book of Bad Things and the brain mangling Think Again and Eye Benders. He is passionate that books should entertain, inform and amaze whenever possible. His books Cool Technology and Think Again! both won the School Library Association's Information Book Award. He also won the prestigious Royal Society Young People's Book Prize for Eye Benders and he has been shortlisted for several other awards including the Blue Peter Prize. A contributor to Encyclopedia Britannica, Clive has travelled through more than 50 countries, interviewed famous scientists and sportspeople, ridden on the back of large robots and parachuted from an aircraft into a cabbage field by mistake. He lives in a tumbledown house in Manchester, UK with far too many books and not enough time to read them all. After studying animation and illustration, Ben Scruton's distinctive style was quickly picked up by the advertising industry. He has worked on projects for Orange Mobile, Tesco Magazine, Homebase and a series of books for Cbeebies such as 'BBC Nature Tales'. 'Oh No, It's The Romans!' is Ben's first book for Egmont.
- Author(s)Clive Gifford
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Weight79 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ben Scruton
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.17
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.19
- AU $9.24Trending at AU $10.13
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.