Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
- AU $12.31Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her very successful first book, Pretty Party Cakes , celebrity cake designer Peggy Porschen brought us a range of fabulously stylish decorated cakes, cupcakes and cookies. Now, in Romantic Cakes , she has applied her inspirational vision to her own favourite subject area - cookies and cakes for romantic occasions. There are delights to celebrate all the steps on the course of true love, from the earliest stirrings of affection on St. Valentine's Day, through the proposal and engagement, the bridal shower and hen or stag nights up to the big day itself. And for the weddings, Peggy has included all manner of irresistible inventions, from decorated cookie favors, bridesmaids' gifts and decorations for the children's table. Beginning with an easy-to-follow introduction covering all the equipment, basic recipes and techniques needed to make the cakes, the book is designed to suit both beginners and more experienced cooks. Chapters cover Cookies, Small Cakes and Large Cakes and include delights such as Venetian Mask Cookies, Je t'Aime Fondant Fancies and the breathtaking Bed of Roses. User-friendly text and clear step-by-step photography make even the most elaborate creations achievable so that every romantic occasion can be made a little bit sweeter.
- Author BiographyPeggy Porschen grew up in Germany, a country renowned for its cakes. She moved to London in 1998 graduating top of her class at the prestigious Cordon Bleu school. From there, she went on to work as pastry chef at the Lanesborough Hotel and with master baker Gerhart Jenne at Konditor and Cook on London's South Bank. Quickly developing her own highly individual style, she left there to set up her own business, which was instantly successful. Soon she was making cakes and cookies for major events of all kinds, including chocolate Faberge Eggs for guests at Elton John's 2003 White Tie and Tiara Ball. Most recently she has started supplying Fortnum & Mason with an exquisite range of decorated cookies and speciality confections. Her cakes have been featured in magazines and newspapers as diverse as the Daily Mail, The Sunday Times, The Financial Times, Wedding Flowers, Brides, You and Your Wedding, Wedding Day, OK, Delicious and Marie Claire.
- Author(s)Peggy Porschen
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.