All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an examination of three major literary, critical and philosophical movements in European and Anglo--American literature. It aims to show their differences (often pointed out) and their similarities (never yet demonstrated) and to make accessible recent post--structuralist theory. In particular, it offers an introductory exposition of American pragmatism whose insights into language and philosophy are discussed in relation both to Coleridge and to Derrida, while Derridaa s writings are related both to romanticism and pragmatism.
- Author BiographyKathleen Wheeler is Lecturer in English at the University of Cambridge. She has published a book on Coleridgea s poetry, edited an anthology of German Romantic Criticism, and has recently finished a book on Modernist Women Writers. She is presently working on a study of the literary strategies of certain philosophers, such as Plato, Berkeley and others.
- Author(s)Kathleen Wheeler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/1993
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight452 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.