All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.23
About this product
- DescriptionA captivating romantic saga from Sally Worboyes, author of Banished from Bow and Jamaica Street. It is 1970 when 20-year-old Cathy falls in love with Johnny Dean, and becomes pregnant. A young docker, Johnny offers to marry Cathy - but what she doesn't kw is that his gambling has got out of hand. He owes favours to the wrong sort and to clear his debt gets involved in a serious theft at the docks...Though Cathy is supported financially by Johnny's family, looking after a baby as a single mother isn't easy, and she's beginning to get lonely. When she meets a handsome young antiques dealer, friendship might t be eugh for either of them. But will she be able to stop Johnny finding out?
- Author BiographySally Worboyes was born and grew up in Stepney with four brothers and a sister, and she brings some of the raw history of her own family background to her East End sagas. She now lives in Norfolk with her husband, with whom she has three grown-up children. She has written several plays which have been broadcast on Radio Four. She also adapted her own play and novel, Wild Hops, as a musical, The Hop Pickers.
- Author(s)Sally Worboyes
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.