All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRory's Travel Journal is an anthology of writings by Rory Allardice, a Scot, based in Greece, who has spent the last 35 years working and travelling in beautiful, interesting, and challenging places. It consists of twenty-four chapters. Each chapter is connected to one country. Fifteen of the chapters are taken from the Travel Journals series that have been published or are pending publication. Most of those chapters are taken directly from the published works or have been slightly modified for this collection. Eight chapters are taken from letters, diaries and memories from some of the countries where Rory worked for a period of one year or more. None of those chapters has been published before and the content is informative, entertaining and whimsical. The final chapter is taken from the autobiography of Rory's father, Dallas Allardice. The book is entitled Friendship in a Time of War.
- Author BiographyRory Allardice worked in France, Italy, the Soviet Union (Georgia, Armenia and Russia), China, former Czechoslovakia up to the Velvet Revolution, Poland during the round table negotiations and early post Communist years and the UAE. During his stay in Dubai, he travelled to many of the nearby countries and wrote a series of illustrated travel journals, which included his own photographs. He also edited his father's autobiography: Friendship in a Time of War by Dallas Allardice. He picked up a few languages in his travels and has a keen interest in Celtic and world music. He organised a festival of Celtic music in Poznan, Poland and formed a band there; JRM which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2015. He has written journals on Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zanzibar, Libya, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Myanmar (Burma), Jordan, Eastern Anatolia, Cuba and is presently working on several others.
- Author(s)Rory Allardice
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.