Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
About this product
- DescriptionIn this, the third episode of the Rosy Adventure Series, two boys explore a haunted house and discover treasure, unaware of being watched. Where did the medallions come from? Who is the old lady with the cat? What if they get caught in the house? Before it's over, the boys almost lose their lives but gain a valuable lesson about generosity. These books are perfect for reading to your children and grandchildren, expecially if you are interested in teaching them about generosity. The first book in the Rosy Adventure Series introduces Rosy, Santa's twin sister. She is the flip-side of the whole idea of getting gifts: she rewards children for being generous and brave. She delivers gold medallions to these children. The Rosy series makes it easy for kids to learn about generosity and to be generous, through therosyclub.com website. Every book features a Rosy Partner, varying in their ethnicity and nationality and with different assistants. There are Rose Bernstein, Rosa Linda Sanchez, Rosa Mae Parker, Rosio of Peru, Rosina of Italy, Rosemary of Ireland, and more to come. Each of the Rosy Partners are called Sheroes, and their Assistants - Fred the goose, Milton the cat, Clyde the mule, Chopper the dog, Gustavo the llama, Luigi the mouse, Charlie the Leprechaun, etc., are called Heroes. The boys and girls, and the Sheroes, and Heroes in each book must deal with bullies, new schools, wildfires, storms, earthquakes, kidnappers, a wild bull, and other problems. These books are designed to be read in about 20 minutes to a child or grandchild. A third-grader can read the books to herself or himself in the same time. There are audio books for each book. Listening to the audio book while pointing out words in the written book is an excellent way to accelerate reading skills.
- Author BiographyEllen H. Lancaster is a wife, mother, grandmother, lawyer, college professor and artist, living in the Bay Area south of Houston. She began writing the Rosy Stories as a reaction to one Christmas, when the spirit of giving seemed to have turned into the spirit of getting. This is her anti-greed campaign, an attempt to send a message, in a humorous way and through adventures, that being generous has its rewards. She has been active in children's charities for years, including the Boys & Girls Club, Assistance League, and The Lunch Group, Inc. A portion of profits from these books goes to selected children's charities. Artists's Biography: Briana Jameyson, pseudonym Jury Judge, graduated in 2014 with a BFA from the University of Houstion-Clear Lake. She works on wide range of commissions such as illustrating children's books, creating advertisements, and fine art pieces. If you are interested in her artwork, email her at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Ellen Herr Lancaster J D
- Date of Publication04/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Briana Jameyson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.