All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mini Archive series is a new series capturing the best of the best of ancient, rare, and significant volumes. Each book in the series will focus on a single topic through abundant illustration and documentation. The topics will cover a wide range of subjects including art, architecture, fashion, heraldry, geography, navigation, medicine, and the natural world. Drawing from the roses depicted in Pierre Joseph Redoute's three volume masterpiece, Les Roses (first published in installments between 1817 and 1824) and James Sowerby's thirty-six volume botanical molith English Botany (1790-1813), Roses will feature 170 of both artists' magnificent hand-colored engravings in all their blooming glory. To bring this lovely volume into the 21st Century, the paperback format and low price will keep the book fun and affordable. A visual index will categorize each rose according to name, species, class, and geme; and an accompanying DVD containing all of the images in the book (in Tiff and Jpeg format) will be supplied copyright free to be used in any manner the reader sees fit, completing this unique package. Roses will appeal to horticulturists, collectors, students, teachers, artists and rose-lovers alike, for one will be able to resist the undeniable beauty of these two artists' absolutely breathtaking illustrations.
- Author BiographyPierre-Joseph Redoute (1759-1840) was a botanical illustrator born into a family of painters in Saint-Hubert, Belgium. He was a beloved artist at the court of France, a professor of botany in Montpellier, a co-illustrator of Sertum Anglicum with James Sowerby, and the author of many botanical publications including Les Liliacees (1802-15) and Les Roses (1817-21). The three volumes of Les Roses were published in 30 installments. James Sowerby (1757-1822) was a naturalist and illustrator born in London, England. He was the author and illustrator for several publications including British Mineralogy (1804-17), Exotic Mineralogy (1811-20), Mineral Conchology of Great Britain (1812-46), and his 36 volume work entitled English Botany (1790-1814). English Botany included 2,592 hand-colored plates and took him 23 years to complete.
- Author(s)James Sowerby,Pierre Joseph Redoute
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/07/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Design International
- Content Note350 Colour
- Weight855 g
- Width165 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.