All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionAbout the Book Hinduism, the eternal religion (Sanatana Dharma), is based on the Vedas. It stands on a tripod called Prasthanatraya, the three canical texts. The first leg of the tripod is the Upanishads or revealed Truth. The second is the Bhagavad Gita or the practical truth. And the third is the Brahma Sutras or the reasoned truth. The necessity for a basic kwledge about the essentials of the Sanatna Dharma needs hardly any emphasis in the present ambience of ill-informed religious controversies. An attempt is therefore being made to bring to the attention of the vast majority of those who are interested in these matters the sublime thoughts contained in the Prasthana Traya. Out of these three texts, books on the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads were already published and available in amazon.com. The present work covers some of the important topics of Advaita Vedanta - Philosophy of Non-Dualism - in Hinduism in the form of a compendium of essays. The goal of all religions is the complete annihilation of sorrows, miseries and sufferings. Being threatened by miseries all the time, a question arises 'Is there any way out from this misery?' The answer lies in the teachings of Prasthana Traya. Hence if this attempt attracts the tice of the seekers and kindles in them an enthusiasm to go back to the original works my efforts would have achieved their objective.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR Sri T.N.Sethumadhavan is a Retired Bank Executive, devoted to the study of Hindu Scriptures and Philosophy. He is a Vedantic seeker by choice enjoying co-relating ancient Hindu thoughts to modern behavioral sciences and management studies. He is engaged in actively promoting this goal through lectures, writings etc. His extensive writings on the Sanatana Dharma are easy to read and understand, thus being instrumental in enlivening the zeal to learn more about Hinduism. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)MR T N Sethumadhavan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.