All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy July 1757, in the aftermath of defeat at Kolin, the situation looked bleak for Frederick the Great of Prussia. French troops had invaded allied territory, whilst other French and Austrian armies were moving towards Haver. Marching west, Frederick's men faced French and Austrian troops at Rossbach on 5 November. In less than two hours it was over. The Allies had lost 10150 men and the rest fled. This title examines how on 6 December, Frederick won what was perhaps his greatest victory at Leuthen. More than 12000 Austrians were captured, and 6750 killed. Five days later, Breslau surrendered. Napoleon referred to this campaign as a masterpiece of maeuvre and resolution .
- Author BiographySimon Millar is a former army officer with a longstanding interest in the military history of the 18th century and the campaigns of Frederick the Great in particular. He lives and works in Dorset, England. He has previously written Campaign 91: 'Kolin 1757 - Frederick the Great's First Defeat'. Adam Hook studied graphic design at art college and began his illustrating career in 1983. He has worked with a variety of educational publishers covering various subjects within the fields of history and natural history. For Osprey he has illustrated numerous Campaign and Warrior titles. Adam lives and works in Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Simon Millar
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey Campaign S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 113
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note75 b&w and 13 colour illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight323 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Hook
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.