Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn large surface mining operations, drilling and blasting activities constitute more than 15% of the total costs. In order to optimize performance and minimize costs, a thorough knowledge of drill and blast operations is, therefore, extremely important. In this unique reference volume, rotary blasthole drilling and surface blasting, as applied in large surface mines, are comprehensively covered. Both new and classic concepts, techniques and methodologies are presented, supported by numerous illustrations and practical data. In 26 chapters, drilling, surface blasting, rock, rock mass, machinery, tools and accessories, compressors and air flushing, computing and practice are many other relevant subjects are treated; the first 16 chapters deal with rotary blasthole drilling, and the 10 next chapters with the concepts, theory and practice of blasting. Moreover, the 14 appendices provide vital technical and commercial data, to further support the reader to design, plan, execute, and calculate blasthole drilling operations. This volume is intended for professionals and technicians in mining, exploration, geological and mechanical engineering, who are involved with the design, planning, and execution of rotary drilling and blasting operations in surface mines.
- Author BiographyBhalchandra V. Gokhale is an experienced professional who has worked both in practice, on mine construction and foundation works, and on the technological side of blasthole drilling equipment. Through this book, he shares his extensive knowledge of the technological aspects of drilling, mining and construction equipment and their application.
- Author(s)Balchandra V. Gokhale
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1530 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.