Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionRough Rider in the White House presents a fascinating psychological portrait of the twenty-sixth president of the United States, a man whose personal obsession with masculinity profoundly influenced the fate of a nation. Historian Sarah Watts argues that Theodore Roosevelt struggled, like many of his contemporaries, with what it meant to be a man in the modern era. With his unabashed paeans to violence and aggressive politics (Woodrow Wilson referred to him as the most dangerous man of the age ), Roosevelt ultimately offered American men a chance to project their longings and fears onto the nation and its policies. Written with passion and precision, this powerful appraisal of an American icon dramatically alters the way we see Theodore Roosevelt and his political legacy.
- Author BiographySarah Watts is professor of history at Wake Forest University and the author of Order Against Chaos: Business Culture and Labor Ideology in America, 1880 - 1915.
- Author(s)Sarah Watts
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note57 halftones
- Weight416 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.