Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionRoutes is the story of the bus route through my career in public transport from birth to 40 years old thus far. It's about my family roots and the ancestors who influenced me throughout my life. Three generations of the Beirne family dedicated their career to the bus industry. Good honest diesel running through our veins. <br> In 1933 a horrific bus fire cost the lives of four people. Patrick Beirne the bus guard saved more lives and he was later hailed a hero by the coroner for his actions. <br> Patrick received a bravery award in the form of a bronze medal from the society of the protection of life from fire for his efforts. <br> This book is a first hand account of life on the buses. It tells the story of the bus fire and records local events I experienced on the buses in Manchester. <br> As a young woman I was determined to follow in my grandfather and fathers footsteps. My intention was to make an impact on the bus industry as my grandfather had done. I wanted to make a difference. <br> Surviving in a man's world, I found myself juggling motherhood, with marriage, studying and a career. I coped as a single parent whilst making decisions on a multi million-bus depot budget, and I never let my two very different lives overlap. <br> At home -one would recognise the hard determined, highly organised Manager and at work -one knew the desperately low single mother coping with five house moves in two years to make ends meet. <br> Pride and determination, was the driving force that kept me going. <br> At the age of forty having completed twenty-three years service to the bus industry I decided to reflect on how I survived climbing the career ladder and bringing up two children. <br>Sometimes the choices I had to make between my children and my career tore me in two. <br> I hope this book offers inspiration and encouragement to others who take on the challenge of a full time career and a family, and provides interesting reading to the bus enthusiasts amongst you.
- Author(s)D. Beirne
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication20/02/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Weight167 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.