All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains contributions from leaders in the field of child language in hor of one of the preeminent scholars in the field of child language acquisition, Melissa Bowerman. Melissa Bowerman has had a profound, widespread, and enduring influence on research conducted in the field for nearly 40 years. In addition to being a tribute to Professor Bowerman and her work, the chapters provide the most up-to-date statement of key positions by several leaders in the field of child language development. Fundamental questions in the field are explored in depth, and there are rich analyses of progress in the field in a number of areas, including learning words; crosslinguistic patterning and acquisition of lexical semantics; crosslinguistic patterning and events, paths, and causes; and influences on development. The volume is essential reading for researchers in child language and development, linguistics, psychology, education, and speech pathology, as well as researchers and practitioners specializing in the many specific languages discussed in the book.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight704 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byVirginia C. Mueller-Gathercole
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.