All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Companion to Philosophy of Religion, Second edition is an indispensable guide and reference source to the major themes, movements, debates and topics in philosophy of religion. Considerably expanded for the second edition, over seventy entries from a team of rewned international contributors are organized into nine clear parts: * philosophical issues in world religions * key figures in philosophy of religion * religious diversity * the theistic conception of God * arguments for the existence of God * arguments against the existence of God * philosophical theology * Christian theism * recent topics in philosophy of religion. Covering key world religions including Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam, and key figures such as Augustine, Aquinas and Kierkegaard, the Companion explores the central topics in theism such as the ontological, cosmological and teleological arguments for God's existence. Three final parts consider Catholicism, Protestantism, Eastern orthodoxy and current debates including phemelogy, reformed epistemology, religious experience, and religion and science, making the Companion as a whole essential reading for students of philosophy or religion, and suitable for anyone coming to the subject for the first time. This second edition includes new chapters on Blaise Pascal, Baruch Spiza, Interreligious Dialogue, Death and the Afterlife, Incorporeality, Religion and Global Ethics, New Religious Movements, Religion and the Environment, and Religion and Film.
- Author BiographyChad Meister is Professor of Philosophy at Bethel College, USA. He is the author (with James Stump) of Christian Thought: A Historical Introduction (Routledge, 2010). Paul Copan is the Pledger Family Chair of Philosophy and Ethics at Palm Beach Atlantic University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Philosophy Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1338 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byChad Meister,Paul Copan
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.