All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionRoutledge Handbook of Asian Theatre is an advanced level reference guide which surveys the rich and diverse traditions of classical and contemporary performing arts in Asia, showcasing significant scholarship in recent years. An international team of over 50 contributors provide authoritative overviews on a variety of topics across Asia, including dance, music, puppetry, make-up and costume, architecture, colonialism, modernity, gender, musicals, and intercultural Shakespeare. This volume is divided into four sections covering: * Representative Theatrical Traditions in Asia. * Cross-Regional Aspects of Classical and Folk Theatres. * Modern and Contemporary Theatres in Asian Countries. * Modernity, Gender Performance, Intercultural and Musical Theatre in Asia. Offering a cutting edge overview of Asian theatre and performance, the Handbook is an invaluable resource for academics, researchers and students studying this ever-evolving field.
- Author BiographySiyuan Liu is a former President of the Association for Asian Performance and an Assistant Professor of Theatre at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note99 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 99 black & white halftones
- Weight1156 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited bySiyuan Liu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.