Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis new handbook is a comprehensive collection of cutting-edge essays that investigate the contribution of Critical Terrorism Studies to our understanding of contemporary terrorism and counterterrorism. Terrorism remains one of the most important security and political issues of our time. After 9/11, Critical Terrorism Studies (CTS) emerged as an alternative approach to the mainstream study of terrorism and counterterrorism, one which combined invative methods with a searching critique of the abuses of the war on terror. This volume explores the unique contribution of CTS to our understanding of contemporary n-state violence and the state's response to it. It draws together contributions from key thinkers in the field who explore critical questions around the nature and study of terrorism, the causes of terrorism, state terrorism, responses to terrorism, the war on terror, and emerging issues in terrorism research. Covering a wide range of topics including key debates in the field and emerging issues, the Routledge Handbook of Critical Terrorism Studies will set a benchmark for future research on terrorism and the response to it. This handbook will be of great interest to students of terrorism studies, political violence, critical security studies and IR in general.
- Author BiographyRichard Jackson is Professor of Peace Studies and Director of the National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Otago, New Zealand. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Critical Studies on Terrorism and author of numerous titles, including most recently Confessions of a Terrorist (2014), Contemporary Debates on Terrorism (co-edited, Routledge 2012) and Terrorism: A Critical Introduction (co-authored, 2011).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRichard Jackson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.