All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis Handbook gives a comprehensive, international and cutting-edge overview of Sustainable Development. It integrates the key imperatives of sustainable development, namely institutional, environmental, social and ecomic, and calls for greater participation, social cohesion, justice and democracy as well as limited throughput of materials and energy. The nature of sustainable development and the book's theorization of the concept underline the need for interdisciplinarity in the discourse as exemplified in each chapter of this volume. The Handbook employs a critical framework that problematises the concept of sustainable development and the struggle between discursivity and control that has characterised the debate. It provides original contributions from international experts coming from a variety of disciplines and regions, including the Global South. Comprehensive in scope, it covers, amongst other areas: * Sustainable architecture and design * Biodiversity * Sustainable business * Climate change * Conservation * Sustainable consumption * De-growth * Disaster management * Eco-system services * Education * Environmental justice * Food and sustainable development * Governance * Gender * Health * Indicators for sustainable development * Indigeus perspectives * Urban transport The Handbook offers researchers and students in the field of sustainable development invaluable insights into a contested concept and the alternative worldviews that it has fostered.
- Author BiographyMichael Redclift is Emeritus Professor of International Environmental Policy at King's College, London, UK, where he has taught since 1999. Delyse Springett formerly directed the Centre for Business and Sustainable Development at Massey University, New Zealand, and taught Master's courses on business and sustainability at Massey University and at the University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge International Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight929 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDelyse Springett,Michael Redclift
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.