Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of these guidelines is to provide clinicians, managers and service users with statements regarding the clinical management of specific disorders or conditions and in some instances, particular populations. The guidelines assist in the clinical decision-making process by providing information on what is considered to be the minimum best practice. Each guideline contains recommendations that are explicit statements providing specific clinical guidance on the assessment and management of each area. Each recommendation is supported by evidence from the literature or is based upon the consensus of clinical experts. Sections include: Pre-School children with communication, language speech needs; School-aged children with speech, language communication difficulties; Autistic spectrum disorders; Cleft palate and velopharyngeal abrmalities; Clinical voice disorders; Deafness/hearing loss; Disorders of fluency; Disorders of feeding, eating, drinking swallowing (dysphagia); Disorders of mental health dementia; Dysarthria; Aphasia; Head neck cancer. A Position Statement on working with Adults with Learning Disabilities is included in place of a guideline. Every practising UK speech language therapist needs to have access to these guidelines, and they will also be of value to health, social and educational professionals that may become involved with individuals who have a communication or swallowing disorder.
- Author BiographyThe Royal College of Speech Language Therapists is the professional body for speech and language therapists and support workers. The College provides leadership in order that issues concerning the profession are reflected in public policy and people with communication, eating, drinking or swallowing difficulties receive optimum care. RCSLT also provides services to its membership and leads an inclusive profession whose members deliver quality services to meet diverse needs.
- Author(s)Sylvia Taylor-Goh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1400 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.