All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionFour years ago the Second Sea Lord of the Royal Navy asked Andrew St George to spend time with every level of the Navy staff, from junior sailors in the engine room of an aircraft carrier, to handlers of landing craft, through to Royal Marines, ships' commanders, and Royal Navy staff right up to Navy Board and Cabinet level, with the aim of creating a book which distils the leadership culture of perhaps the most highly respected and efficient organization in the world. This book charts that journey - representing the largest piece of research on Royal Navy leadership ever done - and it is the current state of the art leadership framework for the Navy. St George writes about how to plan and execute, how to exercise judgment and how to motivate people. Everything in the book is here because it works, tested over thousands of hours of hard training, rigorous assessment and absolute measurement. The book's messages are deceptively simple. In order to succeed we must have: the clarity of intent; the strategy; the resources; a contingency plan; an emotional investment. These tenets stand in all walks of business and personal life. The Royal Navy's way of getting things done depends on soft skills, high emotional intelligence and an understanding of how people work in small teams. This book (15,000 copies) will be issued to every Royal Navy officer and Senior Rate (middle manager) in the Service. The book's insights are profound and their applications are wide-ranging: for industry, for finance, for professional services, for commerce, for academia and for the public sector these methods of planning, executing and inspiring make a tried, tested and effective way of leadership.
- Author BiographyIn the past ten years Andrew St George has advised and mentored many FTSE 100 executives, politicians, diplomats and City leaders. He lectures on management and leadership in business at universities, business schools and in the military. He writes on the way certain clear strategies in decision-making and the 'soft skills' in our relations with others can make anyone's life more straightforward, from every part of our working lives to planning a holiday, buying a house or dealing with a domestic crisis.
- Author(s)Andrew St.George
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPreface Publishing
- Content Noteill
- Weight287 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.