Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is a rubric and how are they being used in teacher education and evaluation? When did rubrics become ubiquitous in the field of education? What impact do rubrics have on students, teachers, teacher educators, and the educational enterprise? This book is an edited volume of essays that critically examine the phemen of rubrics in teacher education, evaluation and education more broadly. Rubrics have seen a dramatic rise in use and presence over the past twenty-five years in colleges of education and districtsacross the country. Although there is a wealth of literature about how to make rubrics, there is scant literature that explores the strengths and weaknesses of rubrics and the impact the rubric phemen is having in reshaping education. The chapters included in this edited volume will critically reflect on the contemporary contexts of rubrics and the uses and impact of rubrics in education. Since rubrics have become indelible in education, it is necessary for a fuller, nuanced discussion of the phemen. Creating a book that explores these aspects of rubrics is timely and fundamental to expanding the discourse on this ubiquitous evaluation tool. This book is t meant to be a series of chapters dedicated to best practices for creating rubrics, r is this text meant to present all sides of the rubric discussion. Rather, this text intends to offer critical polemics about rubrics that can spur greater critical discussion about a phemen in education that has largely been unquestioned in the literature.
- Author BiographyMichelle Tenam-Zemach, Nova Southeastern University, USA. Joseph E. Flynn, Jr, Northern Illinois University, USA.
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJoseph E. Flynn,Michelle Tenam-Zemach
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.