Rubrics for Assessing Student Achievement in Science Grades K-12 by Hays Blaine Lantz (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.36+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- Description'Provides practical and proven tools for assessing and improving learning and performing in science. You and your students will unquestionably benefit from their use' - From the Foreword by Jay McTighe , Educational Consultant Standards-based science education is inextricably linked to performance-based student assessments that are clear, consistent, and accurate measures of what students kw and are able to do. Containing more than 100 ready-to-use rubrics, this compact volume meets that need by offering K-12 students the most complete collection of field-tested evaluation tools in science available today. Combining clarity, detail, utility, and practicality, these performance list rubrics, holistic rubrics, and analytic rubrics accommodate diagstic, formative, and summative assessments and scaffold essential performance tasks across all grade ranges.
- Author BiographyHays Blaine Lantz, Jr. is currently Director of Science for grades PreK-12 for the Baltimore County Public Schools in Maryland. Prior to this assignment, he served as Supervisor of Science K-12 for the Prince George's County Public Schools; as Supervisor of the Howard B. Owens Science Center in Prince George's County; as a Federal Programs Director, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Title IV-C Project Director, and as a high school administrator and classroom science teacher. Dr. Lantz has either taught or supervised all grades K-16, and has been extensively involved in professional and program development in science education for more than three decades. He has successfully directed several National Science Foundation projects, most recently the Partnerships for Math and Science Achievement (PMSA). In addition, Dr. Lantz also stays active as a science education consultant for several publishers and numerous school districts. His current research interests in science education include performance-based teaching and assessment, advance organizers, and the effects of prior knowledge on learning. Dr. Lantz received his formal education at James Madison University and at the University of Virginia. He earned his doctorate in Science Education from the University of Virginia in 1981, with supporting fields in Research & Evaluation and Supervision & Administration. When not actively engaged in his work, Dr. Lantz enjoys skiing, golfing, fly fishing, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
- Author(s)Hays Blaine Lantz
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.