CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $51.81
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.14
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.90
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $36.19
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $19.91
About this product
- DescriptionLaurie Viera Rigler's nationally bestselling debut vel, Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict, took twenty-first-century free spirit Courtney Stone into the social confines of Jane Austen's era. Now, Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict tells the parallel story of Jane Mansfield, a gentleman's daughter from Regency England who inexplicably awakens in Courtney's overly wired and morally confused modern L.A. life.For Jane, the modern world is t wholly disagreeable. She relishes the privacy, independence, even the power to earn her own money. But how is she to fathom her employer's incomprehensible dictates about syncing a BlackBerry ? How can she navigate a world in which flirting and kissing and even the sexual act itself raise matrimonial expectations? Even more bewildering is the friend named Wes, who is as attractive and confusing to Jane as the man who broke her heart back home. It's eugh to make her wonder if she would be better off in her own time, where at least the rules are clear-that is, if returning is even an option.
- Author BiographyLaurie Viera Rigler is the author of the national bestseller Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict and coauthor of He Rents, She Rents: The Ultimate Film Guide to the Best Women's Films and Guy Movies and Popping the Question: Real-Life Stories of Marriage Proposals, from the Romantic to the Bizarre. A life member and regional webmaster of the Jane Austen Society of North America, she is also a freelance book editor who teaches writing workshops. She lives in Los Angeles. Kate Reading has been a freelance narrator for over twenty years. She received an Audie Award for Bellwether by Connie Willis and for Breasts by Florence Williams; an Audie nomination for The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, recorded with her husband, Michael Kramer; and an Audie nomination for Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell. She has also received numerous Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine, which has named her Narrator of the Year and, for two years running, Best Voice in Science Fiction and Fantasy for her narration of Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series. As Jennifer Mendenhall, she has worked as a stage actor in the Washington, D.C., area and has been a member of the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company since 1987. Her work onstage has been recognized by the Helen Hayes Awards Society, the Washington Theatre Lobby Awards, and the Carbonell Awards in Florida. She and her husband live in Hyattsville, Maryland, with their two children.
- Author(s)Laurie Viera Rigler
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Kate Reading
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.