All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe last few years have seen major reforms to the delegation of powers and post-delegation supervision of the European Commission. In light of these reforms, Rulemaking by the European Commission: The New System for Delegation of Powers assesses whether the new system has really affected the old doctrine of delegation of powers, and if so, how? Specific questions answered include: have the objectives of the reform been achieved and what were these objectives? How does the new system affect the division of functions between the institutions of the EU and the institutional balance? Has this new system affected the relationship between the EU and its Member States, and if so, how does it concern its citizens? Presented by an interdisciplinary group of experts who have actively followed or participated in the process of reform, the book is structured in four parts: (1) the political and historical context in which the rule-making takes place, (2) the operation and functioning of the system before and after the reform, (3) the legal substance of a new framework for rule-making and the emerging case law from the Court of Justice of the EU, and (4) the procedural dimension, including the legal preconditions for n-institutional actors to participate.
- Author BiographyCarl Fredrik Bergstrom is Professor of European Law at Uppsala University. He has a background as researcher at the European University Institute in Florence, lecturer at Stockholm University, and Head of Legal/Deputy Director at the Swedish Institute for European Policy Studies (SIEPS). ; Dominique Ritleng is a Professor of Law at the University of Strasbourg where he has also been Vice President. He has a background as legal secretary at the Court of Justice of the EU and before that as a professor at the University of Nancy.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight638 g
- Width175 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byCarl Fredrik Bergstrom,Dominique Ritleng
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.