All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRules of Thumb for Maintenance and Reliability Engineers will give the engineer the have to have information. It will help instill kwledge on a daily basis, to do his or her job and to maintain and assure reliable equipment to help reduce costs. This book will be an easy reference for engineers and managers needing immediate solutions to everyday problems. Most civil, mechanical, and electrical engineers will face issues relating to maintenance and reliability, at some point in their jobs. This will become their go to book. Not an oversized handbook or a theoretical treatise, but a handy collection of graphs, charts, calculations, tables, curves, and explanations, basic rules of thumb that any engineer working with equipment will need for basic maintenance and reliability of that equipment.
- Author BiographyRicky has over 30 years in maintenance and reliability as a maintenance manager, maintenance supervisor, maintenance training specialist, field engineer, maintenance mechanic, maintenance consultant and is a well known published author. Ricky has worked with maintenance organizations in hundreds of facilities, industrial plants, ships, etc, world wide in developing reliability, maintenance and technical training strategies. Prior to joining Allied Reliability in 2008, Ricky worked as a professional maintenance employee for Exxon Company USA, Alumax (this plant was rated the best in the world for over 18 years), Kendall Company, and Hercules Chemical providing the foundation for his reliability and maintenance experience. Ricky is the co-author of Rules of Thumb for Maintenance and Reliability Engineers , Lean Maintenance and Industrial Repair, Best Maintenance Repair Practices . Ricky also writes for different magazines during the past 20 years on technical, reliability and maintenance subjects. Ricky holds certification as Certified Plant Maintenance Manager from the Association of Facilities Engineering as well as a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional from the Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals. Ricky lives in Charleston, SC with his wife. Aside form spending time with his 3 children and 3 grandchildren, Ricky enjoys kayaking, fishing, hiking and archaeology. Mr. Mobley is president and CEO of Integrated Systems Inc. of Knoxville, Tenn. He has written numerous publications on such topics as plant performance, maintenance engineering, maintenance management, and predictive maintenance. He is also a contributing editor for Plant Services magazine.
- Author(s)R. Keith Mobley,Ricky Smith
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication20/11/2007
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 270 illustrations (50 in full color)
- Weight950 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.