All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionNovember 2010 sees the first elections in Myanmar/Burma since 1990, to be held as the culmination of the military regime's 'Road Map for Democracy' The conditions under which the elections are being held are far from favourable, although the laws and procedures under which they will be conducted have been in place for seven months and quite widely publicized. Political controls remain repressive, freedom of expression and assembly does t exist, and international access is restricted by government controls as well as sanctions. While the elections represent a turning point for Myanmar/Burma, the lead-up period has t been marked by many table improvements in the way the country is governed or in the reforming impact of international assistance programmes. Presenters at the Australian National University 2009 Myanmar/Burma Update conference examined these questions and more. Leading experts from the United States, Japan, France, and Australia as well as from Myanmar/Burma have conributed to this collection of papers from the Conference.
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byMonique Skidmore,Nick Cheesman,Trevor Wilson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.