Run Like a Champion: An Olympian's Approach to Running by Alan Culpepper (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Run Like a Champion, one of America's most versatile and accomplished runners, Alan Culpepper, reveals the best practices of the best runners. Over his 25-year racing career, Culpepper won national titles from 5K to marathon, a span of race distances so wide that just a few runners can claim the same impressive versatility. Culpepper sets out his approach--and the lessons he learned from his competitors--so that all runners can fully realize their potential. As a two-time Olympic competitor, Culpepper has a unique understanding of what it takes to compete at the highest level. His running career has put him on the start line alongside the world's best runners, and he has found that despite their many differences, talents, and approaches to training, among them they share a common understanding: the best athletes kw that the secret to success in running lies in understanding a bigger picture of training. Not everyone has the physiology to run at the highest level, but everyone can benefit from implementing an Olympic approach to training. Run Like a Champion shares a big-picture view of running, looking at t only the essential training elements but also other key pieces of the puzzle: identifying motivation; finding a proper work/life/family balance; and understanding complementary aspects of training such as stretching, how much to drink, diet, and how to avoid and treat injuries. Run Like a Champion reveals all the guidelines, tips and tricks, workouts, mental training, and nutritional practices that Olympic runners use. By making this Olympic approach part of their running, runners of all levels will make their goals achievable from 5K to marathon.
- Author BiographyOver the course of his 25-year racing career Alan Culpepper proved to be one of the most consistent and versatile distance runners in American history. While a student at the University of Colorado, Culpepper became an 8-time All-American and NCAA Champion in the 5K distance. During his 10-year professional running career, Culpepper qualified for two Olympic Games. He is a multiple sub-4-minute miler, with a personal best of 3:55. In his debut marathon, Culpepper ran a 2:09:41, an American Debut Record. In his second-ever marathon, Culpepper won the 2004 Olympic Marathon Trial and finished 12th at the Olympic Games. He finished in the top 5 at the Boston Marathon two times. Culpepper now produces running events for the Competitor Group, including Rock E n' Roll Marathons and Half-Marathons. He contributes to Competitor magazine and coaches runners through his Culpepper Coaching company. He lives in Colorado with his wife, two-time Olympian Shayne Culpepper, and their four children.
- Author(s)Alan Culpepper
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byMeb Keflezighi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.