All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBo Dickinson is a girl with a wild reputation, a deadbeat dad, and an alcoholic mom. Everyone in town kws the Dickinsons are a bad lot, but Bo doesn't care what anyone thinks. Agnes Atwood has never stayed out past ten p.m., never gone on a date and never broken any of her parents' overbearing rules. Rules that are meant to protect their legally blind daughter - but Agnes isn't quite sure what they are protecting her from. Despite everything, Bo and Agnes become best friends. And it's the sort of friendship that runs truer and deeper than anything else. So when Bo shows up in the middle of the night, police sirens wailing in the distance, desperate to get out of town, Agnes doesn't hesitate to take off with her. But running away and t getting caught will require stealing a car, tracking down Bo's dad, staying ahead of the authorities, and - worst of all - confronting some ugly secrets. A story about the ferocity of friendship and the risks we'll take to save our friends ...And ourselves.
- Author BiographyKody Keplinger was born and raised in a small Kentucky town. She wrote her first novel, The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) when she was only 17. Kody is the cofounder of Disability in Kidlit, a website devoted to the representation of disabilities in children's literature. Currently, Kody lives in New York City, where she teaches writing workshops and continues to write books for kids and teens. Kody's website is kodykeplinger.com 'I always felt like the ugly girl in high school - my best friends are insanely gorgeous - so when I was introduced to the word during my senior year, I knew I was the Duff. The idea of writing a book with Duff in the title started as a joke, but when I realized that my friends felt like Duffs, too, I knew I had to write this story.' The DUFF is now a major motion picture starring Bella Thorne, Mae Whitman and Alison Janney. Kody writes for YA Highway, a blog devoted to the young adult publishing industry. She is also a featured writer for Poptimal.com, a popular pop culture blog, where she reviews TV shows and movies.
- Author(s)Kody Keplinger
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Weight274 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.