Runaway Kids and Teenage Prostitution: America's Lost, Abandoned and Sexually Exploited Children by R. Barri Flowers (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise and accessible new text examines the correlations between runaway children and teenage prostitution in the United States from a crimilogical, sociological, and psychological perspective. The author takes a systematic approach to defining and describing the differences between youth who run away from home and those who leave institutional settings and distinguishes the difference between runaway and throwaway children. A careful examination of teenage prostitution among girls and boys helps to illuminate the special problems faced by children who have run away. In addition, the author discusses laws related to runaways, teenage prostitution, and the sexual exploitation of mirs as well as the criminal justice response to the problems. Runaways and prostitution involving youth in other countries is also explored. The text's findings support current conclusions on the characteristics of runaways, the relationship between runaways and teen prostitution, and the implications of running away from home. Runaway Kids and Teenage Prostitution is divided into five parts. Part I examines the scope and dynamics of running away and differentiates between runaways and throwaways. Part II explores teenage prostitution and provides information on girl and boy prostitutes and the people who exploit them. Child sexual abuse and child porgraphy as correlates to the problem are studied in Part III, and Part IV reviews the law that atttempts to combat teenage prostitution. Part V is devoted to an examination of the scope and significance of the problem in other countries. Together, these chapters provide readers with a clear picture of the problem of runaways and teenage prostitution in the United States and around the world.
- Author BiographyR. BARRI FLOWERS is an independent criminologist and crime writer. He is the author of 22 published books, including Children and Criminality (Greenwood Press, 1986), Women and Criminality (Greenwood Press, 1987), Minorities and Criminality (Greenwood Press, 1988), Demographics and Criminality (Greenwood Press, 1989), The Victimization and Exploitation of Women and Children, and The Sex Slave Murders among others.
- Author(s)R. Barri Flowers
- Date of Publication30/06/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleContributions in Criminology & Penology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 54
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.