All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNothing beats the pleasure of running. Unfortunately, many runners are slowed down by injuries that could be avoided through changes in training or technique.That's where Running Well comes in. Based on the latest scientific principles, this accessible guide shows you these techniques: -How to minimize the risk of injury and stay healthy-The differences between training and straining-How to strengthen and maintain the primary running muscles-Ways of assessing and improving technique-How to recognize injuries early on and avoid more serious setbacksAnd if you do get injured, Running Well will return you to action quickly. Sections devoted to each bodily region detail common symptoms and causes of discomfort. You'll learn how to treat the injury, kw when to seek help and kw how to prevent the problem from reoccurring. From avoiding overtraining to increasing flexibility, Running Well has everything you need to keep you running all year round so that you sprint--t limp--to the all-important finish line.
- Author BiographySam Murphy is one of the United Kingdom's leading fitness and health experts, contributing to Health and Fitness, Healthy Living, and Financial Times. She is the author of five books, including Run for Life, which has been published in 10 languages.Murphy is a training consultant to the London Marathon, Nike, and adidas. She is a regular speaker at conventions and conferences on fitness and health. With over 17 years of experience as a runner, Murphy has raced distances from 3,000 meters to 100 miles and is a 14-time marathon runner.Murphy lives in Clapton, London, and enjoys running, walking, and camping.Sarah Connors is a physiotherapist who specializes in running injuries. She is the physiotherapist for the British athletics team. Connors has worked with British athletes since 1993 and attended two Olympic Games. She has been a competitive runner since the age of 11.Connors is married with three children and enjoys running, skiing, and spending time with her kids.
- Author(s)Sam Murphy,Sarah Connors
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.