All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLisa Tamati gets asked one question more than any other: 'Why do you do it?' In Running to Extremes, she attempts to answer that question and many more about ultramarathon running. In the past few years, Lisa has taken part in some of the most gruelling races on earth. Not content with having run the Badwater Ultramarathon once, she's been back and done it a second time. She's also completed the Gobi March, and a race in the Egyptian Sahara. However, ne of these could have prepared her for her greatest challenge to date: La Ultra, a 222-kilometre n-stop race over two Himalayan mountain passes. Running to Extremes tells the stories behind these races and provides plenty of advice for runners of all levels and distances. Filled with training tips, gear lists, information on nutrition and supplements, advice on mental preparation and, most importantly, a focus on how to keep yourself healthy while training and racing, it will inspire and motivate runners and n-runners alike.
- Author BiographyLisa Tamati is New Zealand's best known ultramarathon runner. Since the publication of her first book, Running Hot, she has gone on to run ultramarathons in the Gobi Desert, the Sahara Desert and the Himalayas.
- Author(s)Lisa Tamati
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication28/09/2013
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Note8pp colour photos
- Weight236 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest AgeFrom
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.