Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Frank teams up with Spud he thinks he's got it made. But what he's made is a deal with the Devil. 'Dodgy' Frank Kusy, born into poverty from immigrant parents, learns to live on his wits--first as an unwitting money collector for Ronnie Kray, later as a Buddhist trader in London's St Martin's-in-the-Fields market. Then he meets up with thuggish 'Spud' who is so good at scaring people, tably the Petrovs, two encroaching Russian gangsters, that he hires him on the spot as his business partner. But it's a deal with the Devil. Spud is a loose cann, liable to blow up at any moment. The two travel to India to become the largest wholesaler of hippy-Hindi glad rags in the UK, and to fulfill their dream of becoming rupee millionaires. Along the way, they pick up a motley crew of kooky characters--Ram, a lovable, crutch-bound Rajasthani, George, an irascible American, Nick and Anna, a quirky Canadian couple, Susie, a Dagenham girl gone 'native', and Rose, the secret love of Ram's life. These become the 'Pushkar Posse', a group of oddball traveler-entrepreneurs who meet once a year to have fun and make money in equal measure. Join Frank on this wild rite of passage through India.
- Author BiographyFrank Kusy is a professional travel writer with nearly thirty years experience in the field. He has written guides to India, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. Of his first work, the travelogue Kevin and I in India (1986), the Mail on Sunday wrote: 'This book rings so true of India that most of us will be glad we don't have to go there.' Born in England (of Polish-Hungarian parents), Frank left Cardiff University for a career in journalism and worked for a while at the Financial Times. India is his first love, the only country he knows which improves on repeated viewings. He still visits for business and for pleasure at least once a year. He lives in Surrey, England, with his wife Madge and his little cat Sparky. Frank is also author of two cat books for children - Ginger the Gangster Cat and Ginger the Buddha Cat, both available on Amazon.
- Author(s)Frank Kusy
- PublisherGrinning Bandit Books
- Date of Publication10/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrinning Bandit Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.