All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionLike many of us, landscape designer Myles Baldwin dreams of living in the country one day. For Rural Australian Gardens, he travelled from subtropical and temperate to alpine and arid regions around the country to find the best and most unusual gardens. From newly established gardens to those that have evolved over generations, he discovered that Australians' approach to their properties is as diverse and unexpected as the landscape itself - and that resourcefulness and a sense of place are essential ingredients in creating the most successful of them. As well as revealing the stories behind the gardens, Rural Australian Gardens includes practical horticultural information on using trees, hedges, shrubs, perennials and groundcovers in rural settings around Australia.
- Author BiographyMyles Baldwin, one of Australia's leading landscape designers, trained at Sydney's Royal Botanic Gardens and Government House, where he developed an interest in a broad diversity of plant material and a passion for period garden design. In 1999, he was awarded a Director's Medal for services to the Botanic Gardens, and the next year took on the role as head gardener at Bronte House in Sydney. He also started Myles Baldwin Design and Designer Gardens, a design studio and landscaping company which produces bespoke gardens for period architecture and architecturally designed contemporary works, in urban and rural settings across Australia and overseas. Through his company, he has been responsible for many of the country's most significant gardens. In 2009, Myles was named, in the environmental category, in an Australia-wide poll as one of the nation's 'Top 100 Young Leaders'. He has become a regular guest at garden shows, a popular speaker on the subject of garden design and a contributor to the garden media. Myles Baldwin's first book, Period Gardens, was published by Murdoch Books in 2008, and he has also published Australian Coastal Gardens with Murdoch Books in 2013.
- Author(s)Myles Baldwin
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width255 mm
- Height266 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.