All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis important new collection of contributions brings together current thinking on poverty reduction and rural livelihoods in developing countries. As well as leading ecomists in the field such as Frank Ellis and Chris Barrett, there are a number of contributors from developing countries themselves. The book examines both macroecomic and microecomic phemena and contains wide range of case studies. Skilfully exposing the gap that exists between the rhetoric of poverty reduction strategies in capital cities and the practice of public sector delivery in rural areas, this key text will be essential reading for advanced students and researchers in the fields of rural development, rural livelihoods, poverty reduction strategies and Sub-Saharan Africa development as well as advisors and practitioners in international organizations.
- Author BiographyFrank Ellis is Professor in Agricultural Economics and Chief Executive of the Overseas Development Group at the University of East Anglia. He is an agricultural economist who has worked on agricultural price and marketing policies in Latin America, Africa and Asia, and who has general interests in the areas of agricultural policy and rural development. H. Ade Freeman is Economist at the International Crops Research Institute, Nairobi, Kenya. He has published extensively on themes related to agricultural and livestock productivity, rural livelihoods and poverty reduction in developing countries.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note87 black & white tables, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight666 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byFrank Ellis,H. Ade Freeman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.