Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing contributions from practitioners, researchers, and academics, this volume synthesizes and analyzes current trends in rural social work practice and considers the most effective ways to serve rural communities. Contributors consider the history and development of rural social work from its beginnings to the present day, addressing the value of the Internet and other new information techlogies in helping clients. They also examine the effects of nprofit organizations and welfare reform on poor rural areas. Coverage of specific client populations and fields of practice includes services for rural mental healthcare; the chronically mentally ill; healthcare for mirities; and the challenges faced by the elderly in rural areas. The contributors also consider issues affecting gays and lesbians living in rural communities and the role of religiosity and social support in the well-being of HIV/AIDS clients. The book concludes with a consideration of the unique issues associated with educating social workers for rural practice.
- Author BiographyNancy Lohmann is a professor of social work at West Virginia University and senior adviser to the provost. She is the coeditor of Transitions of Aging. Roger Lohmann is a professor of social work at West Virginia University. He is the author of The Commons: New Perspectives on Nonprofit Organization and Voluntary Action and Breaking Even: Financial Management in Human Service Organizations and the editor of Nonprofit Management and Leadership. The Lohmanns are also the coauthors of Social Administration (Columbia).
- Author(s)Nancy Lohmann,Roger A. Lohmann
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byNancy Lohmann,Roger A. Lohmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.