All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, legendary rock band Rush-Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, and Alex Lifeson-is treated to a richly illustrated history covering the band's entire career. Written by Martin Popoff and illustrated with rare photography and memorabilia. Formed in Toronto, Ontario, in 1968 under the heavy influence of British blues, Rush solidified its lineup in 1974 and has gone on to record 18 studio albums (and counting). Notable for bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee's high register, Neil Peart's virtuosic drumming and inventive lyrics, and the guitar heroics of Alex Lifeson, the multiplatinum band melds a diverse range of influences and along the way has amassed a large, tably loyal following worldwide. Rush is bigger than ever before with the hit 2011 documentary Beyond the Lighted Stage and this year's new album, Clockwork Angels, and tour. Now, for the first time, Rush is treated to the epic visual celebration they so richly deserve in a beautifully designed and profusely illustrated history following the band's entire career. A chrological overview history written by ted music scribe and Rush authority Martin Popoff spans the band's entire career from 1968 to today. A complete Rush discography chronicles all their albums, from the debut album to 2112, Moving Pictures, and Signals to Grace Under Pressure, Vapor Trails, and more. The authoritative text is complemented by album reviews written by well-kwn music journalists from around the globe, commentary from fellow musicians, a discography, tour dates, and hundreds of photographs and pieces of memorabilia, including picture sleeves, gig posters, rare vinyl, handbills, ticket stubs, and much more.
- Author BiographyMartin Popoff (Toronto, Ontario) has been described as the world's most famous heavy metal journalist. He has penned 34 books on hard rock, heavy metal, and record collecting, and is a frequent contributor to documentaries and TV series, including Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage and VH1's Metal Evolution.
- Author(s)Martin Popoff
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width241 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.