All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the fall of communism Russia has undergone a treble transformation of its political, social and ecomic system. The government is an autocracy in which the Kremlin manages elections and administers the law to suit its own ends. It does t provide the democracy that most citizens desire. Given a contradiction between what Russians want and what they get, do they support their government and, if so, why? Using the New Russia Barometer - a unique set of public opinion surveys from 1992 to 2005 - this book shows that it is the passage of time that has been most important in developing support for the new regime. Although there remains great dissatisfaction with the regime's corruption, it has become accepted as a lesser evil to alternatives. The government appears stable today, but will be challenged by constitutional term limits forcing President Putin to leave office in 2008.
- Author BiographyRichard Rose is Director of the Centre for the Study of Public Policy at the University of Aberdeen. He is the founder of the Barometer series of surveys of popular response to transformation in 16 post-Communist countries and author of dozens of books on comparative politics and public policy. William Mishler is a Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Arizona and has published widely on political behaviour in America, Canada and Europe. Neil Munro is a Senior Fellow in the Centre for the Study of Public Policy at the University of Aberdeen. He is co-author with Richard Rose of Elections without Order: Russia's Challenge to Vladimir Putin (Cambridge University Press, 2002).
- Author(s)Neil Munro,Richard Rose,William Mishler
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/11/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note19 tables
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.