Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we best understand Russia's relationship with Europe today? Is Russia a European country? What binds us together and divides us? And is there a viable basis for cooperation? Is Russia a friend, a partner, a neighbour or a foe to Europe? This book brings together an impressive group of academic specialists and practitioners to provide a timely and important study of these complex questions. The recognition of mutual dependency, it is argued, needs to be qualified by a range of political, ecomic and rmative tensions which make this a problematic and frequently turbulent relationship. There has never been a more important time to understand Russia's relationship with Europe and it is the subsequent sense of unease both in Russia and Europe which provides the focus for this investigation and which will make it of use to specialist and general readers alike.
- Author BiographyJackie Gower is a visiting lecturer in the Department of War Studies at King's College London. Previously she taught at the University of Kent where she is still an Honorary Research Fellow. Graham Timmins is Jean Monnet Professor in European Integration Studies at the University of Stirling. The Right Honourable Lord Robertson was the Secretary-General of the NATO, between October 1999 and early January 2004; he succeeded Javier Solana in that position. He served as Defence Secretary for the UK from 1997 to 1999, before taking up his NATO position and becoming a life peer as Baron Robertson of Port Ellen, of Islay in Argyll and Bute.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAnthem Series on Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGraham Timmins,Jackie Gower
- Foreword byLord Robertson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.