All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the very beginning of Rus', discord has been prevalent thanks to the ruius jealousy of the bles, the Pecheneg and Tatar invasions, and lost wars (or brutally costly victories, as in 1812 or 1945). Autocratic government with serfdom, famine, and, w, gangsterism have been the Russian lot. Two questions: Who is to blame? and What is to be done? , have plagued life in that one-sixth of the world's land surface since its conception, roughly 988 AD. During ten tours of Russia, between 1961 and 1997 (nearly three years in all), Richard Yatzeck was generously included in the political, kitchen table conversations concerning these very questions. Public discussion of such matters has never been safe. Russia in Private is an attempt to: plumb the abyss between Russian and Western life, and explain how Russians understand and bear their history.
- Author BiographyIn 1961 and 1962, Richard Yatzeck spent a year in Moscow as a graduate student, workin gon his dissertation. Beginning in 1966, he taught courses on 19th and 20th-century Russian literature and Russian literary traditions at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. in 1991 and 1997, he directed semester programs for the Associated Colleges of Midwest-Great Lakes College Association in Krasnodar, Russia. An avid outdoorsman, he is also the author of Hunting the Edges.
- Author(s)Richard Yatzeck
- PublisherWriteLife LLC
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOmaha
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWriteLife LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.