CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe last couple of decades have been decisive for Russia t only in the political sphere; the period has also seen the rise and crystallization of Russian postmodernism. The essays, manifestos, and articles gathered here investigate various manifestations of this crucial cultural trend in: Russian fiction, poetry, art, and spirituality, offering both a point of departure and valuable guide to an area of contemporary literary-cultural studies insufficiently represented in English-language scholarship. A brief but useful Who's Who in Russian Postmodernism serves as an appendix.
- Author BiographyMikhail N. Epstein was one of the main proponents of postmodernism in Russia and thefounder and Chair of the Laboratory of Modern Culture, Experimental Center of Creativity, Moscow. He now lives in the Unites States and teaches at Emory University. Alexander A.Genis is a Russian-American writer, literary critic, broadcaster, and the author of eight books and numerous essays covering broad subjects from Classical and Modern Russian Literary Studies to Contemporary Cultural Studies. Slobodanka M. Vladiv-Glover has widely published in Russian and English on Russian culture and teaches in the German and Slavic Studies Department at Monash University.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Slavic Literature, Culture & Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Out-of-print date11/10/2016
- Content NoteAppendix, Index
- Weight767 g
- Width140 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlexander A. Genis,Michael N. Epstein,Slobodanka M. Vladiv-Glover
- Introduction byThomas Epstein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.