All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThese stories are specific to one legendary riverfront plateau and one boy's journey, but are emblematic of immigrant life and blue-collar aspirations during the heyday of American industry and its crash, foreshadowing one of the largest internal migrations in U.S. history. Approximately six million baby boomers, like the narrator, fled the Rust Belt. Ather six million remained and stories of their youth, struggles, and aspirations echo throughout this book. Pittsburgh alone attracts die-hard affinity with its scattered natives.
- Author BiographyOver twenty-five years, PAUL HERTNEKY has published in every medium. His work centers on culture, food, industry, the environment, and travel, winning him a Solas Award, and two James Beard Award nominations. A graduate of the Bennington Writing Seminars, he serves on the faculty of Chatham University and lives in Hancock, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Paul Hertneky
- PublisherBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBauhan (William L.),U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width165 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.