Rutgers: A 250th Anniversary Portrait by Third Millennium Information (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $100.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $76.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2016, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, will mark its 250th anniversary. Chartered in 1766 as the all-male Queen's College in New Brunswick, New Jersey, the school was renamed Rutgers College in 1825 to hor Revolutionary War veteran and trustee Colonel Henry Rutgers. Today, Rutgers, a leading public research university, is home to more than 65,000 students each year and 24,000 faculty and staff in New Brunswick, Newark, Camden, and other locations around the state. Rutgers: A 250th Anniversary Portraitbrings to life two and a half centuries of excellence in higher education. At its sestercentennial , Rutgers stands as the nation's eighth oldest institution of higher learning - one of only nine colonial colleges established before the American Revolution - and boasts an unparalleled tradition of meeting the challenges of each new generation. In celebration of this auspicious milestone, this limited edition commemorative book includes an eclectic mix of historical narrative, archival artifacts, and personal stories and memories from alumni. This beautifully illustrated book, with over 200 images of new and archival photographs, revisits people and programs, achievements and discoveries of Rutgers's illustrious past with an eye toward the next 250 years. Rutgers also offers a unique perspective on the University with contributions by rewned alumni, prominent faculty members, and University leaders - names you're sure to recognise - all capturing the fascinating history of Rutgers and its potential in the next 250 years.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS J. FRUSCIANO, who has been at Rutgers since 1989, is the University Archivist, and is also a part-time lecturer at the School of Communication and Information. He has written extensively on the history of Rutgers. His publications include <i>The Rutgers University Football Vault: History of the Scarlet Knights</i>. BENJAMIN JUSTICE is an associate professor and directs the Social Studies Education Program at the Graduate School of Education at Rutgers, where he teaches courses on the history of education. He has written numerous articles and recently edited <i>The Founding Fathers, Education, and The Great Contest </i>. EILEEN CROWLEY is a writer with nearly three decades of communications experience in corporate, newsroom, and nonprofit settings, including the Rutgers University Foundation. She is a proud Rutgers alumna, Class of '79. MARIE LOGUE spent most of her thirty-year career at Rutgers in academic and student life administration. She served as assistant vice president for academic engagement in the Office of Undergraduate Education and as the associate dean for student development at Rutgers College, a position she held for sixteen years. BARRY V. QUALLS is a professor of English and former vice president of undergraduate education. He joined the Rutgers faculty in 1971. In 2006, he was named the New Jersey Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for Advancement and Support Education. LINDA STAMATO is co-director of the Center for Negotiation and Conflict Resolution. A Rutgers and New York University graduate, she has served as a consultant to the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations, as chairman of the Rutgers Board of Governors, and as a member of the New Jersey State Board of Higher Education.
- PublisherThird Millennium Information
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThird Millennium Information
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1792 g
- Width279 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byNita Congress
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.