All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionImagine a nation with the highest proportion of women legislators in the world. Imagine a country where a democratically elected president is committed to gender equality and poverty reduction, where urban and rural schools are being wired to the Internet, and where the government is committed to becoming a middle-income country by 2020. Imagine that this country is located in the heart of sub-Saharan Africa and that this progress comes in the wake of one of the 20th century's worst gecides. Fifteen years removed from a mass gecide that resulted in the deaths of nearly one million people, Rwanda today presents a model for hope, justice, invation and human development. In fact, Rwanda is w a leader in achieving ecomic, political and social progress in this beleaguered continent. A new model of governance has emerged in this poor, African country. This model, which draws on century's old Rwandan customs called Ubudehe and IMIHIGO, is inclusive, transparent, empowers the poor, and holds leaders accountable for improving the well being of people in their districts. Rwanda: History and Hope focuses on the invative path Rwanda has taken in governance and reconciliation, gender equity, education, health and ecomic growth. The authors spent a decade working and researching in the country to prepare this path-breaking book.
- Author BiographyMargee M. Ensign is dean of the School of International Studies and associate provost for International Initiatives at the University of the Pacific. William E. Bertrand is the Wisner Professor at Tulane University.
- Author(s)Margee M. Ensign,William E. Bertrand
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.