All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEntering its sixth edition, the Bradt guide to Rwanda continues to provide the most comprehensive coverage of any English-language guidebook on the market. Bradt Rwanda has long been the go-to guide for visitors to this historical and resurgent land of a thousand hills, and it continues to be in a class of its own when it comes to in-depth information on this emerald slice of Central Africa. With freshly researched and updated information on developments across the country, this new edition includes information on the ongoing revival & repopulation of Akagera National Park, up-to-date maps of rapidly modernising Kigali, and the latest on excursions into the neighbouring DRC. Written in an engaging and colourful style, Bradt's Rwanda is packed with personal anecdotes of people and places met across the country. With an emphasis on eco-tourism, there is a dedicated chapter to each of the national parks outlining all the practicalities: how to get there; how to obtain a permit; where to spot wildlife; how to identify flora; and how to identify the best trips offered by tour operators. The land of a thousand hills comes with surprises over every ridge; trek the dew-laden forests searching for mountain gorillas, swim on the dramatic shores of Lake Kivu, and stop to contemplate the despair from which this country has so magnificently risen at one of the poignant gecide memorials. There is much to see besides gorillas: the mountain-ringed inland sea; the immense Nyungwe Forest National Park with its chimpanzees, monkeys, and rare birds; the wild savannah of Akagera National Park; and, perhaps above all, the endless succession of steep cultivated mountains.
- Author BiographyPhilip Briggs is the world's leading writer of guidebooks to and about Africa. He has been exploring the continent for 30 years. This edition has been updated by Sean Connolly. Raised in Chicago and educated in New York, Sean is a full-time culture fiend (read: anthropology graduate) and stays on the move whenever possible. He has been an English teacher in Somaliland, a student in Ghana, a writer in Mozambique, and a backpacker across much of the African continent.
- Author(s)Philip Briggs
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight363 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.