All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to motivate students, instructors, and parents to obtain technical education starting with high schools that provide S.T.E.M.-based education. I tell my life story, how I entered the United States with a high school diploma received in the old country based on S.T.E.M. principles, and succeeded in the United States by following a technical path toward higher education. The book provides valuable information in regard to alternative energy and automotive careers for students to explore and have it be used as a resource guide.
- Author BiographyVahan Basmajian was born in Aleppo, Syria, from parents who escaped the Turkish massacre of the Armenians. He was brought up in a multi-cultural environment and began learning several languages in elementary school. His parents' history, along with the suffrage trying to build a new life in Syria, influenced him the most. He learned about Middle East history and attended Christian schools while having Muslim friends in high school. His exposure to the turbulent life in Syria, political upheavals, and war-time environment forced him to think about freedom. After graduating from Aleppo College, he was drafted to the Syrian Army, where he planned and succeeded to escape into the US Embassy in Beirut. Once free, he entered the United States alone with plans to build his future through American technical education. Mr. Basmajian followed a career path that earned him the Invention of the Year award from the Society of Professional Engineers in the US. He is committed to tell his life story to high school students and to teach them how to develop a sense of direction and follow his footsteps to become a productive citizen of the US. In the year 2000, Mr. Basmajian served in an advisory capacity with the Massachusetts Renewable Advisory Trust (MRET) by invitation of then Gov. Paul Cellucci. Additionally, he served on the advisory board of public schools and university engineering departments for graduate students. He has conducted seminars on the subject of alternative fuels for many years. He holds a Master's Degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics with a major in Rocket Propulsion from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Mr. Basmajian traveled to many countries with the Governors of Massachusetts on Trade Missions and is a strong believer in education and training for all people. He is dedicated to bringing out the best in each student and motivating each one to future career paths.
- Author(s)MR Vahan V Basmajian
- Date of Publication08/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.