All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHow should we look at these pictures of photographer Gert Jochems? With lust or disgust? With dismay or emotion? With stalgia or yearning? S is a major series of photographs, taken by Belgian photographer Gert Jochems. They look at the 'regular' lives of 'regular' Belgian people, all of whom lead unconventional lives in private. In these photos, Jochems is an invisible observer in private sitting rooms, bedrooms and basements.
- Author BiographyDavid Van Reybrouck was born in Flanders. He read archaeology and philosophy at the universities of Leuven and Cambridge and holds a doctorate from Leiden. He was a visiting scholar in Barcelona and Paris and a postdoctoral research fellow in the history department of Leuven. His essays and reportages have been published in most well known newspapers and magazines of Belgium and the Netherlands. As well as being a literary non-fiction writer (The Plague, Facing Belgium, A Plea for Populism), Van Reybrouck is an acclaimed playwright. Next to that, fascinated by the visual arts, Van Reybrouck has collaborated in book projects with leading photographers such as Stephan Vanfleteren (Belgium, 2007) and Carl De Keyzer (Congo (belge), 2009), as well as the painter/sculptor Koenraad Tinel (Scheisseimer, 2009). He was a writer in residence in Amsterdam and Wassenaar. Over the years, Van Reybrouck has travelled extensively throughout Africa. In May 2010, he finally published Congo: A History, an ambitious and absorbing history of Africa's most devastated country. He lives in Brussels.
- Author(s)David van Reybrouck
- PublisherCannibal/Hannibal Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Dutch.
- Place of PublicationLichtervelde
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintCannibal/Hannibal Publishers
- Content Note90 Colour, 30 B&W
- Weight472 g
- Width130 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gert Jochems
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.