Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAfter heavy editing by the MoD and Foreign Office, the story of this secret war was revealed in SAS Operation Oman , written by the SAS commander, Colonel Tony Jeapes. Still used as a textbook at the Army Staff College, Camberley, it reveals how small teams of elite soldiers took on a dedicated guerrilla army and destroyed it. While the US Army was losing its very public war in Vietnam, the SAS fought in complete secrecy, saving the Omani regime and preventing Soviet-backed guerrillas from seizing control of the Persian Gulf. MoD restrictions are w lifted, enabling Tony Jeapes to reveal key details he was forced to omit in 1980.
- Author BiographyTony Jeapes was the first SAS officer to reach the rank of General. He commanded the British forces in Northern Ireland during the 1980s and retired as commander UK land forces.
- Author(s)Tony Jeapes
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/03/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date14/09/2001
- Content Note32 col plates (8pp), (5 maps)
- Weight225 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.