All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSAS & Elite Forces Guide to Using Ropes and Kts draws on the skills of the world'sbest soldiers to teach you how to use these essential tools in the wilderness. Tried andtested techniques used by the world's special forces give you field-tested advice onissues such as: how to take care of ropes, the most useful kts to use in a survivalsituation, how to make your own ropes out of animal tendons or plants, how to useyour rope effectively when climbing, how to lash together a log raft. A simple rope can be a lifesaver in a survival situation. Kwing how to use a ropeand make effective kts will help you in an amazing variety of ways - fromconstructing shelters and creating weapons, to fishing and hunting. Most important,ropes and kts act as literal lifelines in dangerous environments, such as whencrossing a fast-flowing river or scaling a mountainside.
- Author BiographyAlexander Stilwell has written and edited numerous books on sports and outdoor pursuits. He previously spent five years in the English Army, where he gained invaluable training in survival skills, first-aid procedures, and escape and evasion techniques. In his spare time, he enjoys cross-country and marathon running.
- Author(s)Alexander Stilwell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleSAS
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight28 g
- Width127 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.