All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION Simple Build Tool: sbt. The idea of a high quality build tool for Scala is indeed simple, but sbt itself is richly-featured and powerful. Documentation for sbt is sparse, and the blogs, tutorials, and other bits scattered across the web demand a comprehensive, accurate picture of how to build Scala projects effectively and efficiently. This book will help transform ugly, complex builds into a streamlined, automated, and repeatable process. SBT in Action is first and foremost a tutorial about effectively building Scala projects. It introduces the sbt tool with a simple project that establishes the fundamentals of running commands and tasks. Next, it shows how to use the peripheral libraries in sbt to make common tasks simpler. This includes an I/O library to deal with files and how to parse user input in a meaningful fashion. Finally, it covers how to deploy software effectively. RETAIL SELLING POINTS Comprehensive and detailed guide Fills in the gaps of information on sbt Shows how to tame unwieldy complex builds AUDIENCE This book assumes readers are comfortable reading and writing Scala code. No experience with sbt required. ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY Kwn as the de-facto Scala build tool, sbt is used to build other pieces of software. It uses Scala as its lingua franca, which means that all settings and files are typesafe by default, providing a level of safety in builds that is uncommon.
- Author BiographyAUTHOR BIO Josh Suereth is a Senior Software Engineer at Typesafe and the author of Scala in Depth. He is the author of several open source Scala projects, including the Scala automated resource management library, the PGP sbt plugin. Matthew Farwell is a Senior Software developer at Nexthink. He is the author of Scalastyle, the style checker for Scala and is a contributor to JUnit and the Eclipse Scala IDE.
- Author(s)Joshua Suereth,Matthew Farwell
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Weight474 g
- Width189 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.